Get started with Adsense in 2023:
- Sign up for an Adsense account: To monetize your website with Adsense, the first step is to sign up for an Adsense account. Adsense is a pay-per-click program, which means you will earn money every time a user clicks on one of the ads displayed on your website. To sign up, you will need to have a Google account, and then visit the Adsense website to create your account. Once you have completed the signup process, Google will review your application and let you know if your account has been approved.
- Create ad units and place them on your website: Once your account is approved, you can create ad units and place them on your website. Ad units can be placed in various sizes, such as 300×250 or 728×90, and you can choose the ad format that best fits your website layout. For example, you can place a banner ad at the top of your website, or a smaller ad unit in the sidebar. You can also use a variety of ad formats, such as text, image, or video ads.
- Research keywords: To write an SEO-friendly blog post, start by researching keywords that are relevant to your topic and have a high search volume. Use these keywords throughout your post, but make sure to use them in a natural and meaningful way. For example, if you are writing a blog post about “how to monetize a website with Adsense,” you might use keywords like “Adsense,” “monetize,” “website,” “blog,” and “advertising.”
- Use header tags: Use header tags (H1, H2, H3) to break up your post into sections and make it easy for readers to skim. This will also help search engines understand the structure of your post and give it a better chance of ranking well in search results.
- Include images and videos: Include images and videos in your post to make it more visually appealing and to give readers a break from reading large blocks of text. This will also help to break up the text and make the post more engaging.
- Use internal and external links: Use internal and external links to provide readers with additional information and to help search engines understand the context of your post. For example, you might link to other related blog posts on your website, or to external sources that provide more information on the topic you’re writing about.
- Optimize your post for shareability: Optimize your post for shareability by including social media sharing buttons and making sure your post has a catchy headline and meta description. This will make it easy for readers to share your post on social media and help to promote your blog.
- Make sure your post is at least 600 words long: Finally, make sure your post is at least 600 words long. This will help search engines understand the depth and quality of your content. A longer post will also give you more opportunities to use keywords, include images and videos, and add internal and external links.
It’s important to remember that Adsense is a pay-per-click program, which means it may take some time to see significant revenue from your ads. Additionally, it has strict policies, so it is important to make sure you are in compliance with their terms of service.